- Geneva Airport is directly connected to many European and intercontinental destinations
- Also served by low-cost airlines
- The airport is only 6 minutes away from Geneva main station by train
- You can pick up a free ticket for public transport from the machine in the baggage collection area at the Arrival level. This Unireso ticket, offered by Genève Aéroport, allows you to use public transport in Geneva free for a period of 80 minutes.
- Intercity trains to all major Swiss cities
- French TGV to Paris, Lyon and Marseille
- EuroCity trains to Milan and Venice
- Fast connexions to all major German and Austrian cities
- Schedules and ticketing information from the Swiss Federal Railways
- Geneva is connected to the Swiss and French highway network
- However, parking and traffic may be quite difficult downtown Geneva
All hotel guests will receive a free Geneva transport card to be used on the entire local public transport network during the whole duration of the conference.
Switzerland is a part of the Schengen Area. If you are a citizen from one of the countries that are part of the Schengen agreement, or if you will already be in one of these countries before or after EVC-15, you don't need a visa to enter and stay in Switzerland.
If not, you may have to apply for a short term visa. More information can be found from the State Secretariat for Migration.
You are encouraged to apply for a visa as soon as possible. The time frames for visa processing are difficult to predict with accuracy for any individual applicant and could vary significantly depending on the country of residence of the applicant.
If so required, the Conference Secretariat will send a Letter of Support for your application for the visa. You can request it by clicking the apropriate field in the registration form. You can also request it, after having registered, by email to the Conference Secretariat or by surface mail sent to the following address:
EVC-15 Conference Secretariat
c.o. PreOffice GmbH
CH-2540 Grenchen, Switzerland
The minimum information required for the Conference Sectretariat to prepare a Letter of Support are:
- name and first name(s);
- date of birth;
- address and nationality.
Note also that if you travel with a companion needing a Letter of Support, the latter cannot be issued by the EVC-15 Conference Secretariat.
Finally be aware that a Letter of Support is not a guarantee that a visa will be granted. Applicants for a visa must still demonstrate to the authorities that they qualify for a visa individually based on their own merit.